On behalf of the LISD Board of Trustees, we would like to take this opportunity to provide an update on our Superintendent search.
The Board of Trustees met on Monday, March 15, 2021 with JG Consulting to build out our plans to recruit, identify and hire our next Superintendent. As a reminder, JG Consulting is one of only five accredited national superintendent executive search firms. Based on our contract with them, this search for Lovejoy ISD comes at no cost to our district.
Our Board feels strongly that the search process includes a survey to gain feedback from our community on the characteristics essential to leading our district. Teachers, staff, students, parents and community members are strongly encouraged to provide their feedback as part of this process. In advance, we appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback that will help build the hiring profile of the next Superintendent of Lovejoy ISD.
In addition to the characteristics provided by our stakeholders including teachers, students, parents and community members, candidates must meet specific eligibility criteria, including holding or obtaining a Texas Superintendent Certificate. Defined criteria, combined with essential characteristics, will help yield the right candidate to lead Lovejoy ISD. The LISD Board of Trustees will be considering both internal and external candidates who meet our criteria and characteristics outlined in our hiring profile. We are fortunate to have an exemplary district which will attract a talented leader who can continue our path to excellence in academics, fine arts, STEM and athletics. We are confident we will have a highly qualified internal and external candidate pool. We are committed to hiring the very best leader for Lovejoy ISD.
Our goal is to formally hire the next Superintendent at our regularly scheduled board meeting on June 14. Please find an outline of our timeline and process below:
- March 17 – 24: Lovejoy Online Community Survey (Opens on March 17)
- March 25: LISD Board of Trustees review survey results and build final Superintendent Profile
- March 30 – April 27: Application portal open for candidates. All applications must be completed by April 27, 2021 by 10:00 PM.
- April 28 – May 4: JG Consulting vetting process
- May 5: JG Consulting candidate review with Board of Trustees
- May 13 – 14: Round 1 Candidate Interviews
- May 20 – 21: Round 2 Candidate Interviews
- May 24: LISD Board of Trustees names Lone Finalist. This is a confidential search. Only the Lone Finalist will be named.
- June 14: LISD Board of Trustees formally hires LISD Superintendent
Thank you, in advance, for your assistance in providing survey feedback. We will provide the link to the survey tomorrow morning. We are thankful for your support in this process.
President, LISD Board of Trustees