Steps to Become A Guest Educator/Substitute
Communication from the Coordinator of Benefits & Temporary Employee Staffing in reference to your application will be sent via email.
- Complete and return a Guest Educator/Substitute Application Packet in its entirety. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
- Applicant will receive an email from the Coordinator of Benefits & Temporary Employee Staffing with detailed instructions on completing the items necessary to be added to the Lovejoy ISD Active Guest Educator/Substitute list. These items include but are not limited to:
(SB 9 requires submission of digital fingerprints for a criminal history review)
If it is determined that the applicant requires fingerprinting, the applicant will receive a separate email from the Coordinator of Benefit & Temporary Employee Staffing with instructions for scheduling a fingerprinting appointment. The cost of fingerprinting, approximately $50, is the responsibility of the Guest Educator/Substitute applicant.
Safe Schools Training
Region X Substitute Training
Virtual Orientation for applicants other than nurses
Onsite Nurse Orientation for Substitute Nurse applicants
- Following successful completion of the items in Step 2, the application will be submitted for final review and approval.
- The applicant will then receive an email from the Coordinator of Benefits & Temporary Employee Staffing to schedule a face-to-face appointment which will include: the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form and other required paperwork. Two forms of ID must be presented at this appointment.
Link to I-9 Acceptable forms of ID
- Applicant is welcomed to our Guest Educator Program and will be activated in the district systems.
- As an approved Guest Educator, you may now begin accepting assignments.
Absence Management (formerly AESOP)
User trainings for Absence Management (formerly AESOP)*
*trainings will be accessible after login
Academic and District Calendars
Coordinator of Benefits & Temporary Employee Staffing