Immunization Requirements K through 12: 2020-21 English and Spanish.
Immunization Requirements Early Childhood Programs: 2020-21 English and Spanish.
Medical: The law allows physicians to write a statement stating that the vaccine(s) required would be medically harmful or injurious to the health and well-being of the child. The written statement by the physician must be submitted to the school nurse. Unless it is written in the statement that a lifelong condition exists, the exemption statement is valid for only one year from the date signed by the physician.
For Reasons of Conscience, including religious beliefs: The law allows parents/guardians to choose an exemption from immunization requirements for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief. The completed and returned form from the Texas DSHS must be submitted to the school nurse in order for the student to be admitted. The school will accept only the original official affidavit forms developed and issued by the Texas DSHS. The affidavit will be valid for two years.
- Instructions from Texas DSHS to obtain the affidavit
- Click on" Exclusions from Immunization Requirements", Then
- "Sample Letter" to print form
- Online Request: for Exemption from Immunizations for Reasons of Conscience
- Please note: In the case of an outbreak, an un-immunized child may be prohibited from school attendance.
- Any form presented for conscientious objection to immunization must be presented before the student may start school and must be updated every two years by the anniversary date.