THE MISSION OF THE LOVEJOY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
A school in partnership with parents and community, committed to providing opportunities for students to reach their academic and personal potential in a changing world.
The Lovejoy Independent School District, founded in 1917, is a public school district located three miles east of Allen and about 25 miles north of Dallas in the rapidly growing region of central Collin County. The district covers approximately 17 square miles. The Lovejoy Independent School District is home to over 4,000 K-12 students. Lovejoy is categorized as a 5A school district for athletics, fine arts, and academic competitions. Lovejoy will remain a district with only one high school with 9-12 enrollment not to exceed 1,900 students. Lovejoy graduated its first senior class in 2010 and consistently receives both state and national recognition for post-secondary readiness. We invite you to experience the Lovejoy advantage!
- In August 2015, StartClass ranked the Lovejoy Independent School District as the #1 public school district in the State of Texas and the #5 public school district in the United States.
- Winner of the State of Texas HEB Excellence in Education Award for school districts.
- Two-time winner of the prestigious UIL Lone Star Cup.
- Ranked #2, out of 1,217 school districts, in performance on the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) exams. One of 24 districts in Texas recognized for college readiness.
- Lovejoy High School ranked as one of the top 500 high schools in the United States by “U.S. News and World Report,” in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and a 2016 ranking of 222 out of nearly 20,000 high schools.
- The College Board designated 253 Lovejoy High School Advanced Placement Scholars in 2016. 212 Lovejoy High School Advanced Placement Scholars earned this distinction in 2015.
- The College Board has designated Lovejoy High School as an AP Honor Roll Recipient.