Important Change in 2022-2023 School Lunch Program
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) waiver that allowed Lovejoy ISD to offer free meals to all students at our schools (K-6) who participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) has expired. Congress did not fund the waiver program for the 2022-2023 school year.
Due to this change in federal policy, Lovejoy ISD families will return to submitting an application to qualify for free/reduced-priced lunches.
Families are encouraged to apply now!
Submitting an application can do more than just provide access to free and reduced-price meals. Some of the additional benefits may include:
- Funding for state and federal programs and services for our schools
- Discounted rates on internet services
- Free or reduced registration fees for AP, SAT, and/or ACT test
- Discounted rates associated with college applications
- Free or discounted fees to participate school activities
Come join our team of nutrition professionals!
To view current job openings and complete an online application click here.
Lovejoy Independent School District is hiring for full-time and part time-positions on an on-going basis.