Student Health Services
The Lovejoy Nurse Team shares the philosophy health and wellbeing are critical for a successful happy life. We are dedicated to working with students, parents, staff, and the community to maintain a safe and happy environment that facilitates students engaged in their academic activities.
As professional nurses, we are especially prepared and uniquely qualified in preventative health measures, health assessments, and referral procedures. Each campus nurse provides health assessments and screenings per Texas requirements, monitors immunization compliance, responds to medical emergency situations, plans for and implements health plans to meet the needs of students. We are here to promote and protect the optimal health status of all children in the Lovejoy School District.
Please contact your campus nurse to discuss concerns you may have regarding your child’s health.
- To help students attain and maintain an optimum health status so that they may receive maximum benefit from their educational experiences.
- To promote the development of positive health attitudes and practices.
- To promote a risk-free environment.
- To serve as a resource person to students, faculty, and community by providing current health information and instructions
- To assess student health needs by screening procedures, health appraisals and referrals, and follow-up