It is the mission of the Lovejoy Independent School District maintenance department to provide for a physical environment that enhances teaching and learning. The major ongoing activity in facilities management is referred to as Maintenance and Operations. The goals of an effective Maintenance and Operations Department are to:
- Extend the life of facilities and maximize their potential use;
- Increase facilities staff productivity;
- Select the most cost-effective methods for operations;
- Improve and maintain the aesthetics of facilities;
- Implement programs to conserve energy; and
- Ensure the safety and security of people and buildings.